- School day
School begins on September 10, 2023 and ends on May 19, 2024, and takes place every Sunday between 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
Chinese 3 and above students have two periods of Chinese classes, and one period of Extracurricular class.
All other classes are three periods of Chinese classes.
- Extra Curriculum
Students above Chinese three have to participate in an Extra Curriculum. Class is listed below:
- Recorder Instrument
- Chinese chess
- Math SAT (completed algebra)
- Bead/mental arithmetic (Please bring your own abacus)
- Calligraphy & Recital
Use Let’s Learn Chinese or Easy Chinese as a textbook.
- Class Size
There will be a maximum of 30 students per class. For a class to commence, a minimum of 15 students is required. If the minimum number is not reached, or for any other reason, the school reserves the right to cancel the class.
- Placement Test
Students over 4 years old can enroll in kindergarten class.
Students over 6 years old can enroll in phonetic or pinyin classes All new students (first grade and above) need to take a placement test. Please contact the school at 626-775-3675 to arrange the test.
Determined by the order of complete registration.
- Parent’s Note
- All new students’ parents are required to serve 20 hours of volunteering services per student in the first year.
- Parents are strongly urged to participate in school activities throughout the school year including: Orientation, Parent/Teacher Conference, Chinese New Year Celebration, Buddha-Bathing Ceremony Humanity Class (May), Last Day of School Assembly.
- The beginners/ Kindergarten levels of proficiency from ages 4 to 5, must be at least 4 years old before April 1, 2023.
- PinYin is available to ages 6 and up. New students enrolled in first grade and higher will be assessed before enrollment.Please call the office first to arrange the test before submitting the registration.
- Students are required to wear uniforms during Classes.
- Summer uniform is $18 and winter sweatshirt is $20.
Uniforms can be purchased from the school after school starts. Navy Blue Khaki trousers and white sneakers may be purchased at stores such as Kohl’s, Target or Walmart.
- Uniform fees are payable in cash.
TUITION & FEES
- Returning students: $500 (include $30 Textbook fee)
- New students: $530 (include $30 Textbook fee) + parents are required to serve 20 hours of volunteering services.
- Material fee: $30 Chinese chess, basketball, math SAT bead/mental arithmetic, origami, recorder, calligraphy & recital. Every student in or above Chinese III class has to participate in Extracurricular Class.
- Registration fee: $30 (non-refundable) is required for all students.
- Returning students: 06/15/23.
- New students: 06/30/23.
Please fill out the Withholding /Tuition Refund Request Form and email the form to school. Refunds will be refunded to the original payment method.
Refund processing time may take 3~4 weeks, NO REFUND will be given for the registration fee.
- Requests received before school start: 100% refund after deducting $30.00 processing fee.
- Requests received during school 4th Week(include 4th week): 75% refund after deducting $30.00 processing fee. No refund on the material fee.
- Requests received during school 5th to 7th Week(include 7th week): 50% refund after deducting $30.00 processing fee.
- Tuition is not refundable after 7th Week.
- No refunds will be given for expelled students.
- Students truant for three times and above will automatically be expelled and no refunds will be given.
CONTACT US ／聯絡我們
Class Location 上課地點
226 S. Ivy Ave., Monrovia, Ca. 91016
Hours: every Sunday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM