Jan 31, 2020, NEW YORK, NY: The Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation, also known as Tzu Chi USA, has been raising funds to send medical supplies to the locked-down city of Wuhan, China, and is now expanding its aid to other cities across China currently confronting the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) epidemic. From“Relief for Wuhan,” our humanitarian fundraiser is now called “Providing Relief During the New Coronavirus Outbreak.” The essential supplies provided by Tzu Chi through this fundraiser will directly aid the doctors, nurses, and hospitals diligently tending to patients across China while endeavoring to keep others safe.
The situation is currently severe with an increasing death toll and has been declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) by the World Health Organization. In fact, the 2019 Novel Coronavirus has caused the shut down of intercity travel to and from major cities in China as well as many forms of international travel. Medical centers across the country, too, are inundated with patients being treated for potential symptoms.
Given the rapid escalation of the situation, Tzu Chi USA is requesting donations that will directly help purchase and ship the following medical supplies and materials:
- Protective coveralls (urgently needed)
- N95 respirator masks (urgently needed)
- surgical masks & face shields
- protective eyewear including goggles
- disposable medical bed covers
- alcohol-based hand sanitizers
We ask that notice of this fundraiser is shared and that contributions be made via:
- web: tzuchi.us
- mobile: text “MedicalAid” to 91999
- mobile app: Tzu Chi Connect
- check or money order made payable to “Tzu Chi”
- Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation, 1100 S Valley Center Ave, San Dimas, CA 91773
- in-kind donations: we accept medical gowns (2,500 ct. or more) and N95 respirator masks (4,000 ct. or more). Due to shipping constraints, we can only accept a high volume of supplies at this time.
Anik Ghose, [email protected], 917-595-6545