- For the 2022-2023 school year, classes start on 9/10/2022.
- A weekly Saturday class from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, from September current year to next June (total for 32 weeks classes)
- School offers 2 hours of Mandarin Learning and 1 hour of Humanitarian Culture study.
- Heritage Classes are designed for Chinese-speaking students from Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st through 9th Grades with class materials in Bopomofo and traditional Chinese characters.
- CSL Classes (Chinese as the Second Language) are designed for non-Chinese speaking students from CSL1 through CSL7 with class materials in Hanyu Pinyin and traditional Chinese characters.
- Pre-K ( PK), Kindergarten(K), and 1st Grade are limited to 20 students per class.
- 2nd Grade and up are limited to 25 students per class.
- All CSL classes are limited to 15 students
- A class with less than 12 students enrolled or due to special reasons may be canceled.
- For the vacancy of a class, the siblings of a returning student enrolled on or before 4/30 will be placed first. The rest will be placed based on the enrollment order until the class is filled.
- All students enrolling in the Pre-K (PK) class must be 4 years old by the first day of school (9/10/2022).
- Enrolling in CSL-1 must be 5 years old by the first day of school (9/10/2022 ).
Please email a photocopy of student’s birth certificate to [email protected]
UniformStudents are required to wear the uniform during the class session: the Tzu-chi Academy upper outer garment with navy blue khaki trousers and white sneakers. The Tzu-chi Academy upper outer garment can be purchased from the school at the beginning of the school year. Navy blue khaki trousers and white sneakers can be purchased at stores like Kohl’s, Target, and Walmart. The Tzu-chi Academy upper outer garments are $15 (summer T-shirt) and $18 (winter sweater). Uniform order form is available online, please click here to order uniform. Please pay by check or cash when picking up the uniforms.
The Placement TestThe Placement Test is used to assess the student’s Chinese language skill to fit into the intended grade. Based on the assessment result, the student will be placed in the best-fit grade which may not be the original intended grade. All new students enrolling in all grades except Pre-K and CSL-1 are required to take the Placement Test before enrollment. Acceptance will be based on the test result and class vacancy. Before enrollment, please contact the school staff at [email protected] to schedule the test.
Special Notes for Parents
- Weekly reminders regarding school events will be sent to your email inbox.
- Parents of new students are required to attend the New Student Parents Orientation.The Orientation time and details will be notified via email.
- Parents are required to fulfill class and school duties during the school year.
Tuition(not tax deductible)
- Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 5 : $450
- Grades 6 to Grade 9: $460
- CSL classes: $580
- Uniform fees are to be paid in check or cash, please make check payable to Tzu Chi
Registration FeeRegistration fee (not refundable) for the student (new and returning) is $40.
Registration DateReturning and New students on 3/15/2022
- Tuition refund processing may take 4-6weeks.
- The Registration Fee is not refundable.
- 100% Tuition refund for requests received before 09/01/2022.
- 75%Tuition refund for requests received before 10/01/2022.
- 50% Tuition refund for requests received before 11/01/2022.
- No refund for any requests starting 11/01/2022.
Refund ProcedurePlease email Refund Request to school at [email protected]
CONTACT US 聯絡我們
Class Location 上課地點：
1300 Edsel Dr, Milpitas, CA 95035