Join Tzu Chi USA’s Boston region via our upcoming blood drive and bone marrow donation registry in collaboration with the American Red Cross, and be the match!
One in three people will need blood sometime during their lives — and your blood donation now is vital. We especially encourage the participation of those who have never donated blood before. And, by joining the bone marrow donation registry, you can help someone receive the life-saving marrow transplant they urgently need.
Date: Saturday, June 24, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Location: 15 Summer Street, Newton Upper Falls, MA 02464
Reserve by phone: 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767)
Reserve online: RedCrossBlood.org@NewtonMA
Prerequisites for blood donation:
- Donors should be 17–75 years of age. Donors aged 16 will require parental or guardian consent. Those above 75 will require a note from their physician.
- Donors must weigh above 110 pounds.
- Some medical conditions can impact your donation eligibility. Please do not donate blood if you have tested positive for HIV (AIDS virus), or had viral hepatitis B or hepatitis C.
- Donors must not have given blood in the past two months, or received tattoos or ear piercings in the past 12 months.
- Donating blood on an empty stomach is not recommended. Please eat beforehand.
- Please bring a photo ID with your signature or donation card.