During 4 distributions, 1,039 families received a total of $596,900 in cash cards, 1,273 eco-blankets, 771 bags of dehydrated instant rice, and 339 first aid kits
San Dimas, Calif., Sept. 13, 2017 – Tzu Chi USA volunteers have been actively providing Hurricane Harvey disaster relief in Houston, with the support of Evalyn W. Moore, Mayor of Richmond City, Julie Masters, Mayor of Dickinson City, and Ron Morales, Dickinson’s Chief of Police.
Tzu Chi’s Harvey disaster aid mission is to provide cash cards totaling an estimated $5 million.
Summary of aid on Sept. 9-10:
- Richmond and Rosenberg: $33,200 in cash cards, 67 eco-blankets, and 51 packages of rice distributed to 56 families, benefitting 191 individuals.
- Beaumont: $268,800 in cash cards, 469 eco-blankets, 339 first aid kits, and 319 packages of rice distributed to 448 families of first responders, benefitting 716 individuals.
- La Grange: $111,600 in cash cards and 296 eco-blankets distributed to 186 families, benefitting 630 individuals.
- Bellaire: Tzu Chi volunteers help clean up in houses.
- Greenspoint: $113,100 in cash cards and 310 eco-blankets distributed to 232 families, benefitting 694 individuals.
- Dickinson: $70,200 in cash cards, 131 eco-blankets, and 119 packages of rice distributed to 107 families of first responders, benefitting 282 individuals.
Tzu Chi will continue disaster relief distributions over the next few weeks. They will distribute aid in Dickinson on 9/16 and inWharton on 9/17, to benefit an estimated 4,450 families.
Fundraising Hotline: 1-888-9TzuChi (888-989-8244)
Online donations: www.tzuchi.us
Mobile Donations: Text HarveyRecovery to 91999.
Check Donations: Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation,
Attend Tzu Chi’s THH2017 Charity Art Performance Tour
All ticket proceeds going to Harvey Relief: tzuchi.us/THH2017
Until Oct. 15, all donations marked “Disaster Relief Funds” will go directly to Hurricane Harvey aid.
ABOUT TZU CHI
Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation is a humanitarian non-profit NGO whose footprint of aid at the forefront of poverty reduction and disaster relief has reached over 94 countries since 1966. In 2016, Tzu Chi USA distributed over $2 million in aid, benefiting those impacted by 48 disasters in the USA.