Public Relations Manager
Media Production Center
Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation is looking for a savvy, proactive communications professional who loves story-telling and is passionate about public relations to join our team.
The role is located out of our Jackson Heights, Queens office. It will include leading strategic PR programming and media relations. This individual will work closely with the business and marketing departments to understand the business priorities and support the development of a 360-degree program to support those priorities, including new product introductions and thought leadership. As part of the role, the candidate will identify trends and develop new story ideas to help position Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation to communicate its story externally.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a strong writer, a voracious consumer of news, a counselor on what makes a good story, a curious researcher not afraid to dig for a good angle and a collaborative leader who can team up with colleagues to develop an integrated plan.
- PR Programming – Work with internal and external partners to execute an integrated strategic PR program, including trend pitches, media events, thought leadership, social media and executive visibility.
- Content Creation – Story development, writing and editing: develop media materials, social media content and executive briefing documents.
- Media Relations – Understand what makes a good media story; build strong media relationships. Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Project Management – Drive projects from conception to completion, bringing strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Minimum of 2 years of Marketing experience (internships or professional office experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field of study.
- Strong written, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software programs.
- Experience with Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe), video editing, databases, and CRM software programs a plus
- Experience with proposal/technical writing preferred
- Positive, collaborative, team oriented and professional demeanor
- Works well under pressure
- Experience handling media interviews
- Knowledge and understanding of digital/social media
- Self-motivated and a positive professional approach
- Experience with SEO and marketing concepts
- Bilingual – fluent in English and one other language (Chinese/Spanish) – a plus, definitely not required
Commensurate upon experience.
Tzu Chi USA Media Production Center located in Queens, New York.