Humanitarian Relief Project Specialist
Global Partnerships Affairs Department (GPAD)
- Lead BTCF’s advocacy around Humanitarian Assistance, Disaster Relief and Long Term Development (25%)
- Engage in InterAction and ICVA’s working groups, provide inputs, generate new relationships, and create opportunities for advancement of consciousness towards Tzu Chi’s missions and advocacy. (20%)
- Organize physical and digital workshops, events, and meetings in alignment with Humanitarian Assistance, Disaster Relief, Disaster Risk Reduction, Refugee Assistance and Long Term Development. (20%)
- Develop and maintain partnerships with USAID, FEMA, ICVA, InterAction, and Civil Society Representatives(10%)
- Follow latest developments related to Humanitarian Relief, liaising with the US Government, FEMA, USAID, IMF, HRSA. (10%)
- Serve as a Member of InterAction (10%)
- Serve as a Member of ICVA (5%)
- Generate brochures, booklets, other written material in relation to Humanitarian Assistance, Refugee Assistance, and Disaster Risk Reduction / Relief.
- Coordinate Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation’s delegation to annual conferences in DC including: NVOAD, InterAction, and FEMA’s Partnership Meeting..
- Provide support for other team members on other UN events (ie: CSW, HLPF, UN DGC, etc)
- Assist the Director with emergent opportunities and projects
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as political science, humanitarian development, economics, disaster management, and/or emergency services.
- Proficiency in other widely-spoken languages, such as Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin), or French
- Prior experience with interorganizational collaboration
- Prior experience with international advocacy
- Prior volunteering experience with the Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation.
English (required) Chinese (preferred)
- This position is hybrid, with physical participation required for conferences and key meetings in Washington DC.
- This position is full time 40 hours a week.
- Location: Washington DC.
Please email your resume to [email protected]. Tzu Chi Foundation USA is a nonprofit organization. We offer competitive benefit package including paid health insurance, vacation, sick leave, and more.
Send an Introduction and link to portfolio or relevant experience. Please include job title in subject line.