Long Island Education Specialist
- Comply with State Licensing Child Care regulations including completing and submitting the state required application package.
- Assure compliance with applicable state and county codes and regulations during Preschool’s set-up period.
- Assure Preschool’s environment and classrooms set-up are in compliance with Tzu Chi philosophy.
- Prepare periodic reports on the status and progress of preschool’s set-up process.
- Participate in professional development workshops, classes, and organizations.
- Help with recruiting, selecting and hiring staff to run the preschool program in compliance with state regulations.
- Procure and organize instructional equipment and supplies, including setting up preschool classrooms’ learning environment.
- Procure and set up required safety equipment for preschool environment in compliance with Fire Department regulations.
- Develop and maintain financial records, annual budget and school records.
- Promote the positive image of Tzu Chi Great Love Preschool and its high quality bilingual/character education curriculum.
- Market and advertise the Preschool to achieve the highest enrollment capacity.
- Cooperate, maintain and support the relationship between Foundation and Tzu Chi Education Foundation.
- Coordinate with Tzu Chi staff/volunteers to participate in activities that facilitate the process of Preschool set-up.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Evidence of at least one year of successful teaching experience in a Preschool and preschool administration experience is required.
- Degree: Bachelor
What we are looking for
- Experience working with children and/or major in Education related field.
- Passion for working with children.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese preferred.
Please email your resume to [email protected]. Tzu Chi Foundation USA is a nonprofit organization. We offer competitive benefit package including paid health insurance, vacation, sick leave, and more.
Send an Introduction and link to portfolio or relevant experience. Please include job title in subject line.