Climate Change Project Specialist
Global Partnerships Affairs Department (GPAD)
- Lead BTCF’s advocacy around Climate Change, Food Systems, and Plant Based Diets (25%)
- Engage in working groups which align with Tzu Chi’s values, provide inputs, generate new relationships, and create opportunities for advancement of consciousness towards Tzu Chi’s missions and advocacy. (20%)
- Organize physical and digital workshops, events, and meetings in alignment with Climate Change, Food Systems, and Plant Based Diets. (20%)
- Develop and maintain partnerships with United Nations Agencies, Member States, and Civil Society Representatives, in the realm of Climate Change, Food Systems, and Plant Based Diets(10%)
- Follow negotiations related to Climate Change, Food Systems, and Plant Based Diets, including but not limited to UNFCCC and UNEA. (10%)
- Serve as a Voting Member for US Climate Action Network (10%)
- Serve as a Focal point for Climate Technology Centre and Network (5%)
- Write articles/submissions for Tudor Rose publication
- Generate brochures, booklets, other written material in relation to climate and food systems transformation
- Coordinate Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation’s delegation to the UNFCCC
- Provide support for other team members on other UN events (ie: CSW, HLPF, UN DGC, etc)
- Assist the Director with emergent opportunities and projects
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as political science, environmental science, economics, food policy, nutrition, and/or agriculture
- Proficiency in other widely-spoken languages, such as Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin), or French
- Prior experience with interorganizational collaboration
- Prior experience with international advocacy
- Prior volunteering experience with the Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation.
English (required) Chinese (preferred)
- This position is hybrid, with physical participation required for conferences and key meetings in New York City.
- This position is full time 40 hours a week.
- Location: New York City, New York.
Please email your resume to [email protected]. Tzu Chi Foundation USA is a nonprofit organization. We offer competitive benefit package including paid health insurance, vacation, sick leave, and more.
Send an Introduction and link to portfolio or relevant experience. Please include job title in subject line.