After School Program Director
Tzu Chi Northwest Region
Tzu Chi Northwest Region
Tzu Chi Foundation Northwest Region has an immediate opening for an After School Program Director. The applicant must be able to communicate in both English and Chinese fluently with strong capability to develop and operate the after school program. The candidate must pass the Department of Justice background check and child abuse index clearance.
Supervisor: Tzu Chi Northwest Region Executive Director
Work Schedule: 20 – 25 hours per week, depending on enrollment. May be converted to full-time employment when appropriate.
Work Location: Tzu Chi San Jose Campus, 2355 Oakland Road, San Jose, Ca 95131
- Develop, implement, and administer after school enrichment and supplemental academic programs.
- Establish stable, safe, nurturing, creative, positive, joyful, and well-supervised learning environments for children to succeed.
- Apply Tzu Chi’s core character education philosophy and contents.
- Be the liaison with parents, collaborators, Tzu Chi campus staff, volunteers, and visitors to display the learning site and the program positively.
- Prepare needed materials and supplies for the program.
- Collect data and provide reports for management and administration.
- Carry out prudent program fiscal control.
– Participate in staff development, offsite collaborations, and program marketing.
- Participate in regional staff meetings.
- Work with the After School Program Council consisting of advisors and senior volunteers in Tzu Chi’s education mission.
- Other tasks required to operate the after school program successfully.
Education, Experience, and Requirements
- BA/BS degree. Background in education administration related fields is a plus.
- 2-3 years in developing and implementing children’s enrichment programs.
- Ability to speak and write English AND Mandarin Chinese.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to track data and produce reports.
- Excellent communication, supervisory, administrative, and fiscal management skills.
- At least one year experience working with children in a classroom, after school, or learning activities’ environment.
- Strong Math and English skills (K-12).
- Familiarity with Tzu Chi’s missions and humanistic philosophy in order to adhere to Tzu Chi standards of conduct.
- LiveScan criminal background check, fingerprinting, pre-employment drug screening.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
Commensurate with experience