This gnocchi is not for the faint of heart. With the powerful flavors of Italian Gorgonzola, eat your heart out with this homemade gnocchi that would impress any Italian grandmother.
3 oz Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
1 lb potatoes
5 oz flour
1 sprig sage
2 oz butter
1.5 oz parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and peel while hot (as possible).
- In a bowl, mash potatoes. In the same bowl or on a clean, flat surface, incorporate flour into potato mixture. Crack and incorporate egg. Add a pinch of salt.
- Mix thoroughly with your hands until dough becomes well-incorporated.
- Separate portions of the dough to make long logs measuring 1’’ in diameter.
- Cut into 1” sections.
- Flatten each piece, place a piece of gorgonzola (or other blue) cheese in the middle, pinch to close, and roll it to make a ball.
- Bring another pot of salted water to boil.
- Heat the butter in a pan; add sage and simmer.
- Put the gnocchi into the boiling water. As they finish cooking, they will rise to the surface. Remove from the pot and add them to the pan with butter and sage, and coat well.
- Add Parmesan cheese and serve.