2023-2024 Registration Guide
- First Day of School:The first day of the 2023-2024 school year is Sunday, September 10, 2023. Parents will receive an email from the Academy with class details for their registered child(ren).
- School Hours: Sunday 09:30 am ~ 11:55 am (Language Class), 12:10 pm ~ 1:00 pm (Enrichment Class)
- Language Curriculums: Chinese Language Class (Pre-K to 10) The traditional Curriculum teaches the zhuyin (bopomofo) phonetic system and introduces the pinyin phonetic system later in the third grade. This curriculum is suitable for children who live in an environment where Mandarin Chinese is the dominant language. The CSL (Chinese as a Second Language) (or Immersion) Curriculum teaches the pinyin phonetic system. This curriculum is suitable for children who live in an environment where Mandarin Chinese is NOT the dominant language. A minimum class size of four students is required to open a language class.
- Enrichment Class: In order for students to learn Chinese culture and to encourage interdisciplinary learning to broaden their knowledge and nurture their temperament, we will be revamping our enrichment classes and formats. As before, enrichment classes are a mandatory component of our school curriculum. The final syllabus will be announced later.
- Class Adjustments:The Academy reserves the right to merge/split classes (potentially across adjacent proficiency levels) in order to adjust class size.
- Placement Test: New and transfer students may be required to take oral and/or written placement tests to determine their language proficiency level.
New students registering for the Pre-K class must be born on or before December 31, 2019. Please bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate to school on the first day of school.
All students must wear the proper uniform with dark blue pants. Student uniforms are purchased separately at the school on school opening day.
In order to assist teachers and improve the classroom experience, we need all parents’ participation and cooperation in Class-Mom/Class-Dad duties. Each parent is requested to
contribute their time. Class-Mom/Class-Dad duties are waived for parents who are Academy teachers or administrators.
TUITION (per annum, not tax deductible)
- $550 (two semesters, 31 weeks)
- $20 (not refundable)
- By Check: Make the check payable to Tzu Chi, noting on the check “NNJ Tuition” followed by the student’s name and registered level, and mail it to: Tzu Chi Academy NNJ Registration, 150 Commerce Road, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009. An additional fee of $30 will be charged for a returned check.
- Via Online Bill Pay: Account Name: Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation. Note “NNJ Tuition”, the
student’s name and registered level. Address: 150 Commerce Road, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009.
- The registration fee and materials fee are non-refundable. If a tuition refund is requested before school starts, 100% will be refunded. If requested before the start of the fourth class, 75% will be refunded. If requested by the 7th class, 50% will be refunded. No tuition will be refunded on and after the 7th class.
CONTACT US 聯絡我們
150 Commerce Road
Cedar Grove, NJ 07009
Hours: 9:30 AM–1:00 PM Sundays