School begins on August 22, 2021 to May 22 2022, and takes place every Sunday between 8:45 AM — 11:35 AM.
Sunday Morning: (Class Schedule Every Sunday):
- 8:45AM — 11:35AM. CSL/CFL 、Pre-K、Zhuying、Gr. 1 – Gr. 8
- 8:45AM — 11:35AM – Gr. 9
- 11:45AM – 12:35PM : extracurricular elective (optional)
- CSL and CFL are available for both beginners and those of intermediate levels of proficiency from ages 5 to 8 with limited or no Chinese speaking environment at home. New students will be assessed before enrollment.
- Pre-K is available for both beginners and those of intermediate levels of proficiency from ages 4 to 5. Must be at least 4 years old before December 31, 2021.
- Phonetics – Zhuyin is available for both beginners and those of intermediate levels of proficiency from ages 5 to 7. Must be at least 5 years old before December 31, 2021.
- First Grade and up are available for both beginners and those of intermediate levels of proficiency from ages 6 to 16.
- Uniform: Students are required to wear uniforms during classes, which can be purchased at the beginning of the school year. Navy Blue Khaki trousers and white sneakers may be purchased at any stores such as Kohl’s, Target or Walmart.
- Extracurricular electives are optional classes offered from 11:45AM to 12:35PM.
- Parent Volunteer Hours: Parents are encouraged to participate in school activities during the school year and volunteer for duties during the school year.
- $465 annual per child registering for all classes, except 9th and 10th grade.
- $510 annual per child registering for 9th and 10th grade ( tuition includes $10 mandatory AP Chinese Practice Test).
- $130 textbook and workbook fee is required for 9th and 10th grade students.
- $10 AP Chinese Practice Test; optional for 7th and 8th Grade students.
- $20 Sibling Discount is available for each additional child.
- $100 Faculty Discount is available for children of any teacher.
- Returning students begin 4/12/2021
- New students begin 4/25/2021
Returing/New students non-refundable registration fee is $40. Students registering before May 17, 2021 at 12:00am PST
may receive $40 registration discount by using discount code IR40REG.
|Class 11:45AM –
||at least 8 years old
||Gr. 1 – Gr. 3
||Gr. 4 – Gr. 7 (under 14 years old)
|Basic Tai Chi
||At least 5 years old
||At Least 8 years old
|Tremolo Harmonica beginner Class
||At least 10 years old
|Chinese Yo-Yo（扯鈴- 初級）
||Beginner Age 6 – 10 years old
Tzu Chi Academy reserves the right to cancel any class should the minimum class size of 8 students not be met. Elective class enrollment is on a first-come, first-served based on when the student registers.
- The school reserves the right to limit the number of students in any class and reserves the right to reject any registration.
- There will be no refunds for registration fee.
- There are approximately 30 weeks in the school year and $15 deduction per week. If a student withdraws after the 7th week, there is no refund.
- The process fee of $20 will be charged for each elective class change after the second week of the class.
- Non-refundable material fee for elective classes.
- Parents must take turns acting as class parents. Class parents must assist the teacher in keeping the classroom neat and clean.
- If registering before the 4th week of the school year; full tuition and a non-refundable registration fee are required.
- If registering after the 4th to 8th week of the school year, 85% of the tuition and a non-refundable registration fee are required.
- If registering after the 8th week to the end of the first semester, 80% of the tuition and a non-refundable registration fee are required.
- Students transferring into the school during the 2nd semester are required to pay 65% of the tuition. Students who need to withdraw during the 2nd semester will not receive any refund for the tuition.