Enrollment of Continuing Students
- Registration opening date: March 26, 2022
- The fees for continuing students for the 2022/2023 School Year are $470 (including $20 registration fee and $450 tuition).
- Please write your check payable to: Tzu Chi Academy, Cupertino
- Steps to enroll a Continuing Student:
- Please fill out the Enrollment Form for Continuing Students
- Please print and sign the Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement
- Please submit the school fee check with the signed Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement to the class representative by April 30, 2022. The representative will deliver the complete registration forms and checks to the school office on April 30, 2022.
- Continuing students who have not completed registration by the start of the 2022-23 school year will be registered in accordance with the “Enrollment of New Students” rules, on the condition that enrollment is still available.
Enrollment of New Students(for new students in pre-K class and transfer students for the Zhuyin (K) class and above)
- Registration dates: From April 4, 2022 to the start of the school year (registration may end earlier when the class is full). Please contact us for enrollment availability.
- The fees for new students for year 2022/2023 school year are $500. (includes $50 registration fee and $450 tuition).
- Enrollment age: Children who are four years old by 9/1/2022 (born before 9/2/2018) may be enrolled in the pre-K class. Children who are five years old by 9/1/22 (born before 9/2/2017) may be enrolled in the Zhuyin (K) class.
- Placement test for transfer students: All transfer students enrolling in the Zhuyin (K) class or above must take a placement test before admission which will be based on their test result. Individual transfer students will be contacted in August 2022 to schedule a placement test. For details, please see (Instructions for Transfer Students) of the Instructions.
- Registration procedure: registration can be done in person or online.
- Please fill out the Enrollment Form for New Students
- Required Documents:
- Copies of birth certificate or passport
- Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement
- Check payable to Tzu Chi Academy, Cupertino.
- Please write “Student’s name and enrollment class” in the memo field at the lower left corner of your check.
- For in-person registration: please bring all required documents and check to school location during school time. Please check the school calendar for school dates. Office Room 603.
- For online registration: mail all the required documents (signed) and check to Tzu chi Academy Cupertino, Attn: Maggie Lin 2355 Oakland Rd. San Jose, CA 95131
- Uniform: all new students must purchase the uniform at the time of registration. When coming to school, students must wear the uniform with the logo of Tzu Chi Academy ($12 for short sleeves/$20 for long sleeves), blue khaki pants, and white shoes.
- Tuition Fees: $470 for continuing students (includes $20 registration fee and $450 tuition); $500 for new students (includes $50 registration fee and $450 tuition). Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Please write checks payable to: Tzu Chi Academy, Cupertino
- Uniform: $20 for one winter long sleeve shirt, $12 for one summer short sleeve shirt.
- Enrolling three or more siblings from the same family will be eligible to receive $45 off for the third child, please contact the registration team for details.
- Returned checks will be subject to a fee of $35.
Instructions for Transfer Students
- New students, except pre-K students, shall take a placement test. The school staff will contact parents for the test date.
- The placement test will be composed of a written test and an interview, which will focus on listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Zhuyin (K) class: the study will focus on the learning of 37 Zhuyin symbols.
- Grade 1: the test will be on the reading and writing of the phonetic symbols, including vowels, rhymes, and combined rhymes.
- Grade 2 and above: please refer to the MeiZhou Chinese textbooks http://www.mzchinese.net/ and complete the textbook’s (of the student’s class level before the summer) listening, speaking, reading, and writing quizzes. (Preparations may only be focused on the latter half of the textbook for each class level, the teacher will take one or two lessons to administer the quiz.)
- Recite 100 Phrases
- Students taking the placement test do not need to be stressed about the test, as the results of the interview will be at discretion subject to the student’s interactions.
Instructions for Refund/Withdrawal from school
- If a refund is applied for a registered student, the registration fee will not be refundable; please contact the registration team and fill out a refund application form if you wish to apply for a refund/schooling suspension.
- If a class is not available due to insufficient class size, all amounts paid will be refunded without deduction of the registration fee.
- Refund and withdrawal dates:
|Withdraw before the school year starts||Start of school year to the 3rd week||Withdraw after the 3rd week of the school year|
|Full Refund (Tuition Only)||50% Refund of Tuition||No Refund|
CONTACT US 聯絡我們
Class Location 上課地點：
Lynbrook High School
1280 Johnson Ave., San Jose, CA 95129